3 Min Safety Stop Cressi Leonardo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephen1254

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The owners manual says the computer is programmed to automatically signal a 3 minute safety stop after each dive greater than 32 feet. It also says the display will show the duration in minutes of the stop. Does anyone know what needs to be done to trigger the safety stop to begin? I've done 10 dives with the computer, all deeper than 32 feet, and I've done a 3 minute stop at 15 feet on all of them, but I can't see where the display is counting down time. It looks like maybe it should be in the upper right corner, and maybe my eyes are too bad to read it.

You should see the time remaining for your safety stop in the upper left corner of the display along with the "stop" icon. When you first come up, look for the 3 ( 3 minutes) in the display.

Also, your computer may decide you don't need a safety stop if your max depth was shallow with enough time spent above 30 feet after the deepest point of your dive. I have a cressi giotto and have experienced that. These dives are usually more shallow than 35 feet, though I have logged 42 feet on a dive.

I think the Cressi Leonardo is the same as the DiveRite Duo, for which the manual says:
Safety stop indication
The NiTek Duo has an automatic three-minute safety stop feature built in. On any dive, when you descend below 33 feet (10 meters) and then ascend above 20 feet (6 meters), “stop” isdisplayed and the NDL changes to a three-minute countdown.
During this time, if you ascend above 10 feet (3 meters), the countdown pauses. It resumes when you descend below 10 feet (3 meters). If you descend below 20 feet (6 meters) during this time, “stop” and the three-minute countdown disappear; the NDL readings reappear. When you again ascend above 20 feet (6 meters), the three-minute countdown restarts.
upload_2017-5-22_21-57-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-22_21-56-30.png
    upload_2017-5-22_21-56-30.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 93
I appreciate the answers - I now know what and where to look!

Also, your computer may decide you don't need a safety stop if your max depth was shallow with enough time spent above 30 feet after the deepest point of your dive. I have a cressi giotto and have experienced that. These dives are usually more shallow than 35 feet, though I have logged 42 feet on a dive.

+1. Threw me a bit the first time I saw it: spend enough time above 10 metres and the SS icon never comes up, even if your max. depth was well into the 20's (at least).

The icon is "3 3" in the upper left corner. When it does come up, it will be somewhere at or above 6 metres, and it will go away if you ascend above 2 metres or thereabouts (it will reappear if you get back to 3 m quickly enough), or after it counts down the 3 minutes.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom