Streamlined or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right. I'm an oddball in that I clip my console across and to the right side of my chest. Easy to check everything and for compass use, not retractable.

I tried that for a while. I did not like having one extra thing to unclip and move in order to take my rig off. I recently got a shorter HP hose and started running it over my left shoulder and alongside my LP inflator. So far, I like it that way the best of the ways I have tried, but I haven't done very many dives with it like that yet.

I should also add the disclaimer that, while I can see it easily that way, when I want, I use AI. On my single tank reg set, I don't use an SPG at all - only my AI transmitter. The SPG over my left shoulder is only when I'm diving doubles. And I have AI for that, too, so I normally only look at my Perdix AI for my tank pressure.

I tried that for a while. I did not like having one extra thing to unclip and move in order to take my rig off. I recently got a shorter HP hose and started running it over my left shoulder and alongside my LP inflator. So far, I like it that way the best of the ways I have tried, but I haven't done very many dives with it like that yet.

I should also add the disclaimer that, while I can see it easily that way, when I want, I use AI. On my single tank reg set, I don't use an SPG at all - only my AI transmitter. The SPG over my left shoulder is only when I'm diving doubles. And I have AI for that, too, so I normally only look at my Perdix AI for my tank pressure.
That's interesting. Many different ways I guess.

Thanks for the comments. I thought I was being a bit too concerned.

Unrelated, I did just replace the hose simply because it was too long and bugging me. Maybe that will clean it up.

BTW - funny comment someone made on my snorkel. I cant bring myself to leave it behind. I think I've snorkeled for too long and it feels part of the experience as much as my mask.

A pocket foldable snorkel is better since we're talking about streamlining. I still take it if there is any chance I'd get blown out to sea in current--cost $20US

A pocket foldable snorkel is better since we're talking about streamlining. I still take it if there is any chance I'd get blown out to sea in current--cost $20US

But then I need to add a pocket just for the snorkel :wink:

This brings up a questions I have about my gear..but first to the OPs question, I see this as streamlined as far as rec is concerned.

I am running an Air2 on my Knighhawk. It tends to dangle and I didn't notice it until I was doing some pool work and got a selfie. It is cut off here but you can see it dangling more than I would like it to dangle. Any suggestions from others using something similar to keep it tighter to my chest without restricting the it's movement so I can still raise it upright to vent air?

20z5q90.jpg
20z5q90.jpg

And before anyone says anything, I have moved the boltsnap on my second stage closer to the regulator. This was my first dive using the boltsnaps on my secondary and on my SPG (which is clipped off via boltsnap to my chest D ring for ease of viewing)
Put the mouthpiece in a bungee around your neck. Use the bottom vent to dump.

As for the OP, it's fine. If you really want to reduce the dangle, maybe clip the spg to the right side chest D-ring once you are in the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom