Scubapro D300 upgrade to S600 or A700 Query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use s600s and the new s620ti is a big improvement on ease of breathing from the already easy s600.

If you're looking for a truly top of the line easy breathing reg you might look at apeks. The xtx200/tungsten is pretty damn amazing, and I hear nothing but great things about the black sapphire.

The Tungsten and Black Sapphire have nothing over the XTX 200 except bling and, IMO, silly price tags. Performance I'd almost bet my life would be indentical. The service kits are the same. Personally I think the G260 is a slightly nicer breather than the XTX50/100/200. I dove Apeks for over 10 years. Of course YMMV. From a cosmetic perspective I think the Tungsten looks nice but I think the Black Saphire is hideous.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound argumentative but struggle to understand how the new S620ti could be a "big improvement" over the S600, guess I just need to try for myself and decide if I'm buying the marketing hype.

IME the difference between balanced poppet second stages is minimal, with slight variations, better or not I'm not sure, perhaps just different. Glad you're happy with yours though, they do look nice and I would like to try one out of curiosity.

FWIW I find little difference between the 600 and the G250 and the 156 and the G260 and the XTX range etc etc. the only reg I think is noticeably better is a .... im not going to speak of it anymore for fear of further driving up the prices.

I don't mean to sound argumentative but struggle to understand how the new S620ti could be a "big improvement" over the S600, guess I just need to try for myself and decide if I'm buying the marketing hype.

I don't know if you have seen it, but there is a YouTube video of Rene from Scubapro talking about the new regulator. The main differences I got out of the video are:
1) Case is smaller and lighter, 2) Exhaust valve is larger reducing WOB on the exhaust side, 3) Changing the parts so you cannot use them to upgrade an S600. The service kits are the same, so there is not big improvement on the inhalation side.

I don't know if you have seen it, but there is a YouTube video of Rene from Scubapro talking about the new regulator. The main differences I got out of the video are:
1) Case is smaller and lighter, 2) Exhaust valve is larger reducing WOB on the exhaust side, 3) Changing the parts so you cannot use them to upgrade an S600. The service kits are the same, so there is not big improvement on the inhalation side.

Yes, saw that video and loved how he tried the sell the non compatibility almost as a positive point. Regardless, I'd still be surprised if any real world differences in performance were substantial to the end user. I'd like to do a side by side comparison as I am a little curious. No problem with eating my words.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom