Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally made my Win 10 communicate with galileo luna via IRDA. There are few points I would like to make:
  1. The old Singtel USB IRDA is not going to work with Win 10. I have to buy a new Gearmo IRDA adaptor from Amazon.
  2. Apart from going through all the processes/commands suggest by Microsoft, I have to switch off my Kaspersky Internet Security to let the Gearmo IRDA adaptor to work. After once, I can switch on the KIS again and it works perfectly.

Just an update, today I got my new Gearmo IRDA working AFTER having to remove the IRDA drivers in my Windows 10 partition. It did not work after following the instructions the first time.

AFTER getting it to work, I went back and tried my older Sigmatel IRDAs. THEY ALL WORKED!! Not sure why but all I did was use the drivers on the Gearmo website and their instructions TO THE LETTER. Perhaps it was the removal of the older drivers that loaded automatically by Windows when I tried the Sigmatel the first time, BUT at least they work now. Try it.

Don't you just LOVE flaky drivers and shoddy implementation by the techs. o_O

Just so everyone knows, infrared DID work with the last beta of Win10, a year ago, and of course had worked fine for YEARS before that. They knew how to make it work.
For the 'real' roll out of Win10 last year they yanked it. I'm sure they wanted people to migrate to Bluetooth or something but thankfully there was a serious outcry, which they tried their damndest to ignore for MONTHS! You couldn't get a straight answer from MS by going into their own forum or even calling tech support. Now you have to know the 'secret passcode' in [command prompt] to get it working.
Can you say "horse sh!t"?!

REALLY REALLY annoying and TOTALLY unnecessary. This is helping create a new definition of the word DORK.

Last edited:
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help me with an issue with my SubGear XP10 connecting to PC via USB IrDA. I'm using a SigmaTel dongle.

I have been able to connect and transfer dives from XP10 to PC for a couple of years now. I recently had the hard disk die on my PC and had to reload a lot of software - including Dive Log application. All good as I had backed my log and was able to import it.

HOWEVER - obvioulsy there was going to be a however - I have upgraded to Windows 10 since I last tried to transfer dives. I discovered that I hadn't uploaded dives to my PC for a while, so decided to do so. After some hair pulling I finally managed to get the IrDA working and recognised by my PC. I can even connect to the XP10 (I see the infrared icon on it's screen) and that's where it turns to custard. A few seconds after connecting, my XP10 just turns off and my IR connection is lost.

I've tried google to see if anyone else has experienced this issue but it all seems to be about actually getting the IR device working. I'm running the correct version of Windows 10 (1607) it's 64-bit Home version.

So can anyone offer any suggestions/advice how I might go about getting those dives into my pc log?

Cheers

Mark

It seems that after the last W10 update IrDA devices are working again. Anybody can confirm this ?

Depends on your IrDA device. Once Win10 got over the intial screw-up with the initial roll-out when they completely dropped IR support from beta (jerks), IR has worked for devices that have a suitable driver. Some devices DO NOT have a Win10 driver and will never work. They may be fine in an older OS but not Win10. I have one of those from XP/Win7 kicking around somewhere.
I have the 'silver bullet/Polar' style and it works fine all the way from Win7.

Last edited:
Finallt got my SigmaTel Irda dongle working under Windows 10 (1903)
These are the steps I followed.
First go to: (this is in Dutch, but pick your own languidge)

https://ww2.scubapro.com/media/870731/scp_support_irda_windows_10-nl.pdf

then go to:

Microsoft Update Catalog
and pick the infrared driver (bottom one). Save the file in a map on your PC, unpack it and go to device manager where you can update the driver from the SigmaTel dongle with one stored on your PC. Direct to the map you unpacked the software, reboot your PC and you're done ;-)

Is the Sigma Tel dongle the same as the official "Silver Bullet" dongle from Scubapro?

I still cannot get the dongle to work...had a corrupt OS...just reinstalled and updated to 1903(no choice)...need to do a fix...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom