EM5 Mark ii housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This might have been discussed before but I can't find it. What are the differences between the Mk 2 and the Mk1 that require a new housing? There are a couple of Mk 2's around at a decent price but I am reluctant to buy a new housing and new camera to lift my photography from average to average (+?).

The Mk1 and Mk2 may look the same, but they are actually different in almost every dimension and button location. Its subtle, you really need them side by side to see it. Dunno why camera makers always find it necessary to make physical exterior changes, however minor, vs. just upgrading internals. I think it allows them to use "improved ergonomics" in the marketing materials.

Watboy- thanks a lot saves me a lot of googling. What a pity for 2 cameras that are essentially the same size.
Nothing new I guess.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom