Scubaboard barely working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also having consistent difficulty with replies ... it seems not to work, and if I try it again I end up posting multiple times. And the post stays in cache and appears on the reply window next time I try posting to that particular thread. This difficulty began about a week ago, was intermittent, and now seems to have become more or less a permanent state. Makes posting to ScubaBoard a real pain in the arse ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

To address some of the posts from this week (Week of May 23, 2017)

There were a lot of server errors being logged for minor issues that were probably responsible for these glitches. Unfortunately, instead of having a new thread started to report the issue, people added to an old thread so I didn't notice this until much later.

Anyway as of Wednesday 5-24 @ 7:20 AM Eastern Time (UTC -4), I've fixed the issue on the server, and since that time, the server errors have been clear, and there are no issues that I can see. If anyone is still experiencing any problems to speak of, let me know via this thread, or if your issues are unrelated, please start a new thread.

Since I'm subscribed to NEW THREADS in this forum, but I usually punch out of threads once the issue is resolved, the best advice for support issues is to start a new thread for a new issue.

Thanks.

I am having trouble typing and posting. I am using a tablet with android 5.1 and a cheap plug-in keyboard that works on all other apps. It seems to freeze and there seems to be some SB activity going on based on the SB icon flashing' It is quite intermittent. If I have tyrouble, I can set it aside for a couplke minutes and come back and all will be fine.

I am having trouble typing and posting. I am using a tablet with android 5.1 and a cheap plug-in keyboard that works on all other apps. It seems to freeze and there seems to be some SB activity going on based on the SB icon flashing' It is quite intermittent. If I have tyrouble, I can set it aside for a couplke minutes and come back and all will be fine.

Hi awap,

Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot problems specific to one device. If there were a whole class of devices that had similar issues, then it's possible to look into this, but as it stands, this sounds to me like there's a setting or resource allocation on your device that is causing this problem. I also have an android tablet also using android version 5 with no issues like you describe.

For what it is worth my Win 7 computer and my Win 10 computer on separate ISPs' and separate locations are doing the same thing. It has something to do with loading the ads and locks up the entire computer except for the mouse which can move around but not do anything. There are messages in the lower left corner of the screen that say Loading "whatever it is that is not loading". Sometimes it lasts long enough that I get a message at the top that says Scubaboard is not available or something like that. I get it only with Scubaboard and never with any other online stuff. Not with NW Dive Club. Not with Cave Divers Forum. Not with Ebay, but when it happens the little moving circle on the Scubaboard tab stops moving.

I did have trouble recently and in the past due as far as I could tell from slow loading advertisements. Also occasional lags between my typing something and it appearing on screen. Good thing I'm semi-retired and can afford the extra time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom