Greetings and Salutations from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maulotaur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been wanting to dive since I was 8 years old. Needless to say, that was a long time ago. Started my first class last Monday. If everything goes well, should be able to complete my open dives by July. Everything will be done here in Ohio. We are looking to go on some trips, but that will be in the future sometime. My wife and youngest son are taking the class with me.

Thanks!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....a family that dives together has something most other families don't have, a shared love of mother ocean.

Congrats and welcome to :smalllogo:

I was born and raised in Ohio prior to moving out West 7 years ago.

Congrats. Are there any good dive sites nearby?

Hey there! I'm over in Indiana! We are taking a trip over to Gilboa Quarry next month! Enjoy your classes!

Welcome. Where are you guys doing your checkout dives? Got any idea where you may want to do a dive trip to? Lot of good options out there...

Richard.

Thanks to all!

Local to me would be the North Point Quarry in Newark and Lakeview in Lancaster. We will be doing our OW dives at North Point, I believe. The shop where I am taking the class through does a trip to Bonaire every fall. The group is full for this fall, but hopefully in 2018. My plan is to visit the quarries around Ohio this summer to get some experience without having pressures of travel. At least that was my thinking - hopefully it works that way. IDK, the roads (and drivers) in Ohio can be pretty exasperating.

I know Haigh Quarry is about 4 1/2 hours from Dayton. Maybe give that a shot as I hear it is great diving.

Haigh Quarry

Hi maulotaur and welcome to SB. Best of luck to you and your family with your dive course and eventual checkout dives! It will be a great family activity that you will all be able to enjoy together. Stay safe and stay wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom