Recommended dive destination in July - August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone I'm looking for a new dive vacation destination for my fiancé and I. We are looking for somewhere fun that has great diving in July to August. We are in our late 20s and also enjoy a good time on vacation while enjoying our driving. We have already dove in Thailand, some islands in Indonesia and Cozumel. Now looking somewhere else Thinking maybe Caribbean, We are looking for somewhere with white sandy beaches and steel drums. Any suggestions would be much appreciated,thank you. Dakota

So, sandy beaches, topside activities in addition to diving, Caribbean...

For great beaches, Grand Cayman's 7-mile Beach, and Turks and Caicos, get mentioned a lot. Other dive destinations with sandy beaches include St. Croix and Curacao. I'm not saying that's all.

Any of those have topside things to do. What are the main things you guys like to do? Drink & dance? Shop? Historical tours? Rainforest hiking? Lounging on the beach or in a hammock? Do you like modern civilization and related conveniences, or do you like rustic and rural? Even on a given island, such as Grand Cayman or Curacao, where you stay can provide a very different experience.

How many dives/day do you want to do? Are you mainly boat divers, or would a location offering shore diving be a big draw?

Richard.

moved to General Travel - Site Support is for board related problems.

Can you do a bit longer than one week and have you considered a liveaboard?

Explorer Ventures is having some sales this summer, you could go to Provo in the Turks and Caicos for a few days and enjoy Grace Bay Beach and then get on the boat to dive. Or you could spend a few days on St. Martin's beaches and then get on the Saba and St. Kitts trip, see the link below.

30th Anniversary Sale! - Explorer Ventures

We are looking for somewhere with white sandy beaches and steel drums.
For both look at Tobago.
Travel to Tobago | Tobago Vacations | Visit Tobago
Top 10 beaches in Tobago

Steel drum bands originated there and on Trinidad which isn't as nice or safe. Most flights go thru there, try not to overnight in Trinidad if possible. A friend had all his stuff stolen there - from his hotel room. He works in oil co. mgmt. so it wasn't some dump either.

IDK much about the steel bands there.

Good diving on Tobago also just not overly clear at times due to being near the Orinoco River delta. But the Manta's sure like it. Also you've just got to see the world's largest brain coral at least once. Tobago Scuba Diving - the Most Exciting Scuba Diving in the Caribbean

Grace Bay Beach on Provo (T&C) is one of the nicest in the world. It even has it's own website. There are day boat dive options also - several run most of the day trips to many of the same sites the liveaboards dive. Turks and Caicos World’s Top Islands - Turks and Caicos Tourism Official Website

I'm not sure I'd go there if your trip extends into August - hurricane season is a factor in that area - for Cayman also.

Last edited:
Your timing is perfect to snorkel with whale sharks from Coz & Cancun.

Back
Top Bottom