Sony RX100 IV Setup For UW Photo/Videography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramon Corrêa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

I know quite a few people here use the RX100 IV, and I'm trying to figure out how I should have it setup pre-dive. By this I mean, what buttons I should set to control what. Are there any of the settings that stay static during the dive so to free others to be controlled? I'm particularly perplexed at what focus mode to use and how to address the fact that my underwater housing doesn't allow me to use the back buttons as a wheel. So I can only control either the aperture or the shutter speed.

I spent too much time messing with my settings underwater because I had a difficult time making my settings readily accessible.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Those are personal preference. If it's something you need to get to easily, make it a shortcut button. I'm not super experienced underwater, but on my rx100 I tend to set things up before I seal up the case and spend as much time as possible not fiddling with the camera. As an ultra compact, it's not really the sort of camera that begs one to get hands on with it. My above-water full frame camera is, however, so for me the custom buttons become more relevant to me there. My rx100 is only a Mark 1 model, though, and maybe you have more options to utilize than I do. Maybe just use it a while, and pay attention to whether there are certain settings you're having to dive into a lot.

Thank you

Those are personal preference. If it's something you need to get to easily, make it a shortcut button. I'm not super experienced underwater, but on my rx100 I tend to set things up before I seal up the case and spend as much time as possible not fiddling with the camera. As an ultra compact, it's not really the sort of camera that begs one to get hands on with it. My above-water full frame camera is, however, so for me the custom buttons become more relevant to me there. My rx100 is only a Mark 1 model, though, and maybe you have more options to utilize than I do. Maybe just use it a while, and pay attention to whether there are certain settings you're having to dive into a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom