Best and Worst Courses??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only a truly qualified instructor should tech fish ID and UW naturalist. There is the aspect of showing divers where to look. That is something that cannot be replicated in an aquarium tour. But again, it requires a really good instructor.

giphy.gif
-- listen to DM and see where s/he looks.

giphy.gif
-- listen to DM and see where s/he looks.
Haha! Nice snark. But around here (Puget Sound) it takes a bit of work to spot a lot of critters. There are a few people who do it exceptionally well. It is amazing what one macro photographer captures around Vancouver BC. And then it is nice to actually know something about the life that is pointed out. It isn't hard, but it takes some work.

I always wanted to use the gif in a sentence :wink:

Why don't you?
What, like it's hard?

Hehe. Braino: I meant to type wanted to use that gif in a sentence. And I got my chance.

I suspect it's actually harder when you get a lot crammed in one course and try to memorize it all at once. When you learn it from experienced DMs, one dive at a time, it's, like not hard at all.

Back to the topic - just did a chamber run last night. Not really a course but learned a lot in 3 hours - including what all the alarm and error indicators on my zoop look like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom