Cabo or La Paz or Both

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

We are planning a short trip to Cabo in very early September. We already have our flights into Cabo so we can't change them, however I am trying to find out if we should dive in Cabo/Corridor or in La Paz or both. We only have three days available for diving. I really want to make the most out of this trip in case we never get back (as there are still too many places I want to dive at...) so I would like almost a sure thing to dive with sea lions - which I know is in La Paz. I have also heard there is good diving in Cabo Pulmo. So with that said, any suggestions would be helpful. My hubby does not want to drive in Mexico so we will need to find a way to get to La Paz too.

We arrive on a Saturday and plan to dive Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then leave out of Cabo on Wednesday (flight leaves at 12:15 PM). I am open to splitting our time between Cabo and La Paz if that is feasible.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's input - which are to dive, logistics, dive operator suggestions, etc...

Thanks,
cruzbound

There is a company called eco baja tours that runs a shuttle service between Cabo and La Paz. The best way to get around if you don't want to drive. They do not go to Cabo Pulmo, there are no public transportation services to that area.
A friend of mine specializes in trips that dive all three areas, including transportation.

His company is called Dive Ninja Expeditions. You can find him on fb or Dive Ninja Expeditions

Don't forget there are whale sharks in La Paz as well...

There is a company called eco baja tours that runs a shuttle service between Cabo and La Paz. The best way to get around if you don't want to drive. They do not go to Cabo Pulmo, there are no public transportation services to that area.
A friend of mine specializes in trips that dive all three areas, including transportation.

His company is called Dive Ninja Expeditions. You can find him on fb or Dive Ninja Expeditions

Don't forget there are whale sharks in La Paz as well...

Thanks for the information. His website is not working yet and I don't have a FB account and do not want one. Can you tell me a little bit about his packages? I know there may be whale sharks in La Paz but I figured since we are coming during Labor Day (early September) there was a good chance it might be too early for them. My dream diving while we are there would be to do a three-tank dive one day in Cabo/Corridor, a two-tank dive in Pulmo and a one or two-tank dive in La Paz (one tank with the seals and then if there are whale sharks then a snorkel with them but if there are not whale sharks around, then another dive somewhere in the area). Of course, this dream may be too pricey for my budget but I am trying to see what I can figure out.

We are nitrox and advanced certified divers. We will have about 110 dives when we arrive into Cabo.

I did send an email to eco baja tours and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks!

Eco Baja shuttle to La Paz, stay at La Concha and dive with the Cortez Club.

Great food of all sorts is a short $5 taxi into town, the bar/restaurant food at La Concha is fine too if you don't feel like going out. That's the beauty, especially on a short trip- everything you need is right there. Plenty to do on longer trips, La Paz is an awesome city, and some of the nearby areas are a lot of fun to visit.

My paradise is sitting near the pool/beach at La Concha's palapa bar, having just finished a 3-tank dive, with a double margarita in my hand and a gorgeous Baja sunset in front of me.

There is an email option on his website landing page.

You can purchase the bus tickets on-line, you don't need to email them ahead of time.

Hi All,

We arrive on a Saturday and plan to dive Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then leave out of Cabo on Wednesday (flight leaves at 12:15 PM). I am open to splitting our time between Cabo and La Paz if that is feasible.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's input - which are to dive, logistics, dive operator suggestions, etc...

Thanks,
cruzbound

This might be a bit late but something to consider.
In Cabo Pulmo, boat visits to dive sites as well as the number of visitors are limited by daily as well as weekly visits.
The week starts on Tuesday.
So, if you decide to dive on a Tuesday, you'll get a better chance of hitting the more popular and larger sites. Then for your second dive, you'll get to choose a not-so-popular site. By the time the end of the week rolls around, you might be repeating sites or a suggestion to head south to Los Frailles might be an option. It's not a bad option though.
At this point you're out of the park so dive time limits are no longer in effect. There's a trench there that goes pretty deep but nearby there's also a very nice shallow reef dive that could give you over an hour of bottom time. (The park limits you to 45-50 minutes).

Enjoy your visit to CP. I'm a yearly visitor. I usually head down during Thanksgiving nowadays. Good time to escape!

My recommendation would be Pilu for Dive Operator. Cabo Pulmo Diver | Recreational Scuba Diving Activities
She used to work for Cabo Pulmo Divers but now she works out of their shop.
She often books up kind of quickly though. I just got in my Nov dates with her!
She usually does 2 am dives. Sometimes I like to do afternoon ones so I will book with CP Divers.

Also, late evening dives can be gorgeous! Especially heading back to shore to see the red sun sinking behind the mountains to the west!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom