High Water Levels Causing Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Quaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are at Kingston KOA on our long weekend pilgrimage to dive the Kingston wrecks. Anne C. from Kingston Charters told me that the charter boats weren't in the water yet as it had been too rough to get in and start putting the buoys on the wrecks. We normally dive from our own boat, but we can't find the launch ramp at Collins Bay as the whole dock is underwater.... lake Ontario 1.6m above normal levels and not expected to peak till mid June. It looks like it will be a late start to the season in Kingston and the 1000 Islands this year.....

Supposed to dive Picton in about a month with @fullytek . Fingers crossed..... My in-laws are in Sodus Point, and they are barely above water (6"). Others are not so fortunate.

........ lake Ontario 1.6m above normal levels and not expected to peak till mid June. It looks like it will be a late start to the season in Kingston and the 1000 Islands this year.....

Yikes! I was starting to wonder about this. Our club is diving Prescott on the July 1st long weekend, and I'm starting to worry if the lane way to the Conestoga is going to be usable!

Yikes! I was starting to wonder about this. Our club is diving Prescott on the July 1st long weekend, and I'm starting to worry if the lane way to the Conestoga is going to be usable!
I was on the Conestoga about two weeks ago and the water was right up to the edge of the road way, a few more inches and it will be over. Since then the Seaway Authority has opened up the dam farther in an attempt to bring levels down, however with still rising water in the lakes, the river is also still going up. By July the talk is things should start to drop so hopefully you are ok. The advantage to the high water, no climbing down rocks to get in at the Conestoga, pretty much just jump off the road into the water.

I dove the St Lawrence last weekend. The road to the Conestoga is closed. we had no issues getting into the other shore sites with the high water.

Thousand Island diving had a boat in the water at Rockport and I saw it traveling up river so they are actively taking groups.

Call this guy next time, use him all the time Steve's Dive Charters
We went to Portsmouth Harbour too. It was pretty well deserted...the waves were almost over the sea wall. I have my own boat....don't need a charter, only access to the water.

Anyone got a report for Picton/Pt. Traverse?

I'd contact the operator directly. I'm doing a couple of dives with them on the Friday before your weekend charter, so I'm hoping things are more sorted then also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom