First trip to Cozumel - What are your top recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your bank does not pick up the ATM fees Banamex charges about $30.5 MXN for fees and when I stopped by Scotiabank they wanted $60 MXN. Even though Schwab picks up my fees, I use Banamex, as a courtesy to the nice folks at Schwab. Be sure to let you bank know you will be traveling in Mexico so they do not lockout your card.
If your phone is not set up for international calling, 3P has a US magic jack phone in thier office, if you need to call the USA.

I would suggest Jacinta's. They are located north of the central plaza on 5av. between 4th and 6th street.
Enjoy!

Mescalitos for sure. Go there early on your no dive day. Sunbathe,take a deck of cards and play rummy 500 with the cook until cusomers show up. Head down to the NUDE BEACH there.
Play the ring on the hook game. Sometimes when you make it they make you drink a tequila slammer from an onyx penis. :D

christi's list is good, I just stumbled across Mstevens (on this board) has a pretty good introduction to the island here:
Casa Suzana

Some of my favorite cheaper places $10 or less) to eat are:
Tacos Cuatro
Lobster Shack
King Burrito
Burritos Gordito
Lobster bacon sandwhich at La Chef(a little more $$)

Coffee and desserts are at Coffe De Cozumel

Michoacán ice cream at the SE corner of the square. Vanilla ice cream bar and pina colada Jorchata. There are other Michoacans, but this one is my favorite.

Don't miss the grilled lobster or the coconut crusted lionfish at La Perlita, and the scallops at Guidos are great too. Guidos is a nicer restaurant, la Perlita is more come as you are.

Good luck,
Jay

Wet Wendy's.

Gelato shop across the street from Mega.

Bring mask defog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom