Does this fit sound good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Manfrenjensenden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I'm a tall guy (6'4", ~220 pounds) with a long torso and short legs for my height (inseam is only 33"). I bought a Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm wetsuit from Leisurepro and am debating whether the wetsuit's fit (size LT) is proper. Lower body is snug and I think fits fine. When I pull the legs up enough so the crotch is about as high as it can comfortably go, the upper body still feels like the height is a little shy. Specifically, it's tight on the top of my shoulders, telling me the rise needs about another 1/2"-1" to fit well, but not pulling so much that it's painful. There's a bit of extra suit in the armpits (the suit's armpits don't go all the up to my actual armpits), and where it covers my lower back the suit is stretched taught and off my back by a bit. I tried a size XL and it was definitely too big. Will the three issues I'm seeing (pulling down on tops of shoulders, not going up to armpits, back of suit pulling away from my back) cause problems either for durability of the suit or more importantly warmth? This is for diving in water temps down to the low 50s.

If this is enough of a problem to return the suit (haven't yet worn it other than around my house), any suggestions of where to find an extra long rise suit or maybe manufacturers who are good about this?

Thanks,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom