Old, Tiny YS-20 Strobe(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Frog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am the proud(?) owner of not one but three of the little old YS-20 strobes with the wet changeable cord and slave function. I've also got a drawerful of assorted old pre electronic Nikonos cameras (N-1 through N-3) and various other old piece-parts that have been languishing around for nearly 20 years. Anyway, I'm thinking about setting up a N-2 or N-3 as a dedicated close-up camera with wet mount lens and one of these little YS-20s mounted in the shoe on top. It should make a nice, compact setup to carry, even with something else with perhaps a wide angle lens and larger strobe attached. I know everything about this is old school or even obsolete, but then again at 67, so am I. I'm wondering whether any of my fellow denizens here have tried anything similar?

Regards,
Froggie

Well, it's taken a while for all of this to come to fruition, but one of my NK2s just got back today from Bob W @ Southern Nikonos, my rebuilt Conshelf XIV should be ready for me to pick up on Friday, and Sunday I fly out of Dulles to Nassau to dive Mon-Wed with Stuart Cove. I plan to dedicate one of my shallow dives to just playing with the close-up rig.

I'll also take along the 28 mm lens for the shark dives and probably the 80 mm lens to play with a little as well. I've got a roll of 800 asa Fujifilm for each of the 8 scheduled dives. Wish me luck!

Froggie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom