Hello, new diver in the PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StrangeDoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

Just got my padi open water cert done yesterday. Total blast on the last dive. Glad that I got the cert and looking forward to a lot more dives in the area.

Welcome. So you'll be diving cold water, but people speak well of their local diving in Puget Sound, so I imagine you'll enjoy it.

Richard.

Welcome StangeDoc and congratulations! I hope you get in lots of great dives. Stay wet and stay safe!

Yeah, I'm one of those nutty guys who dives in Puget Sound. The diving here is surprisingly good. Just make sure you have a warm (dry) suit. We're moving into summer conditions, so the visibility will be cycling from terrible to decent over a two to three week period. Last week was terrible.
If you haven't already, check out Northwest Dive Club, which is the local forum. Lots of info there on weekly dives and current conditions.

Hello, I'm in the PNW and have been diving since 2014 but I'm new to scubaboard. I dive in a 7mm W2 semi-dry wetsuit by Waterproof of Sweden. I wouldn't dive in anything else. The dry-suits are so expensive and my buddies often have issues with their suits. It's ongoing. I don't. I wear a lycra skin suit under it.
I wish you lots of fun "safe" diving and great life experiences under the water~

congratulations, howdy and welcome from the warm waters of southeast florida...now get out there and dive dive dive..good luck in all you do.

@StrangeDoc,

Welcome to diving in the PNW. I think you'll find a lot of great opportunities here. I dive often after work. Right now as we approach summer solstice, diving at 8 pm is still a day dive. PM me if you are interested in meeting me. I'd also recommend checking out local dive clubs like Moss Bay, Marker Buoy, and others. A number of shops like Underwater Sports have fun dives as well . Both of these are great ways to meet new divers. I'd be happy to introduce you to some of my students as well, to grow their and your network of dive buddies. GUE Seattle is the largest GUE community and are a very active and supportive bunch. They have "tweak" dives on Wednesdays very often. Sometimes they practice skills, but typically they dive for fun. They are a great group of people.

Awesome thanks, I got my padi open water cert from Tacoma underwater sports. Also was talking with the fifth dimension about GUE classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom