Cheaper RA park fees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I am signing up for another RA cruise with Mermaid! However, "The cruise price does not include €200 per person for Raja Ampat National Park/Port fee"...

...so I was wondering if anyone knows where / if I could get this cheaper than 200Euros each. We will be living in Bali from 10 Sept. and the cruise is 3 Dec.

Thanks,

- Bill

Last I knew the park permit is good for a year. Haven't you been lately?

It ran out after our last trip. At least, I *think* it ran out. Can anyone tell from this?

IMG_5211.jpg

My question remains the same.

- Bill

About halfway down the page...

1. At the Raja Ampat Conservation & Tourism Information Center in Sorong
2. At the Waisai Port Office Ticket Booth
3. At the UPTD KKPD Office in Waisai

It only costs 1,000,000 IDR (~$100 usd). Anyone trying to charge you €200 is rorting the system.

Park permit cost IDR 1,000,000 can be purchase at the office in Sorong just across the airport. You need to present your passport. Permit valid for one year.

Welcome to Indonesia.

As long as the boat is not going to stop in some ports for refueling, land tour, etc., then they don't have to worry about the "additional" fees imposed by the "perman" (gangsters) local authorities.

Welcome to Indonesia.

As long as the boat is not going to stop in some ports for refueling, land tour, etc., then they don't have to worry about the "additional" fees imposed by the "perman" (gangsters) local authorities.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Indonesian maritime law has many regulations and these do apply in the diving/liveaboard industry as well. Every boat that departs from and returns to Sorong to dive in Raja Ampat will have to pay harbour/harbour master fees in Sorong as well as pay harbour master fees in Raja Ampat (Waisai or Penemu which is a subsidiary office) as they are different jurisdictions... even if they don't dock etc in Waisai, the fact they are conducting activities in Raja means the reporting/registration of the boat and guests each and every trip and the payment of harbour fees etc.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that is not correct. Indonesian maritime law has many regulations and these do apply in the diving/liveaboard industry as well. Every boat that departs from and returns to Sorong to dive in Raja Ampat will have to pay harbour/harbour master fees in Sorong as well as pay harbour master fees in Raja Ampat (Waisai or Penemu which is a subsidiary office) as they are different jurisdictions... even if they don't dock etc in Waisai, the fact they are conducting activities in Raja means the reporting/registration of the boat and guests each and every trip and the payment of harbour fees etc.

I think those official harbor fees should have been Included in the trip cost. But I heard about additional "grease" fees to speed up departure permit.

The boat I'm booked on for March next year (Samambaia) charges $100 (USD) for RA, and a $75 port fee from Sorong ($175=157 Euro). So, unless your boat's port fee is more than mine, they may be hitting you for a little extra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom