Perdix AI from Scuba.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not really crystal clear on the question here but, maybe this will help.

I checked this with Shearwater yesterday. The Perdix AI will pair with any MH-8A (FCC ID) transmitter. The folks at Shearwater told me that they get their transmitters from the same folks who make the transmitters for Oceanic, Aqua Lung, Hollis (and others).

My Sherwood Amphos Air uses an MH-8A transmitter that looks identical to the one shown with the Perdix AI. So, if I want to go with the Perdix AI, I can use the transmitter I already have.

Bottom line is, ANY MH-8A transmitter will work with the Perdix AI (per Shearwater). And yes, Scuba.com is on MY naughty list also.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but since the related dive shop was not in FL, I saved about $85 by paying zero sales tax. That purchase was in mid May.
It's actually since you purchased from a 3rd party Amazon seller and not Amazon directly. It amazes me that this tax loophole is still allowed to exist...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom