Saba - Saba Deep Dive, Saba Divers, or Sea Saba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Everyone seems head over heels about Sea Saba - lots of glowing reviews. But I have to say I found Saba Deep Dive to more appealing with the smaller boat size. However I can not find a single review for the other two island shops. Does anyone have any reviews, comments, words of experience about them?

We are planning a trip there around Thanksgiving. Thank you!

We've always gone diving with Saba Deep but decided to try Sea Saba on our September trip. They've been great to deal with - including a last minute cancellation in November due to broken ribs. Although well within the no cancel period, they suggested we simply postpone rather than losing our deposit.

In the past there have been boat working issues with Saba Deep and some of the staff, while amusing for a short period, were not folks that we enjoyed diving with.

As to Saba Deep, their website does not come up for me and the last post in FB was in 2015. I know they were for sale.

Thank you for your feedback! Did you mean to say Saba Divers instead of Saba Deep in one of your sentences?

All have working websites from here ... Saba's Dive Centers and Shops

I don't know anything about Saba Divers. I was speaking entirely of Saba Deep. We first dove with them when Little Mike owned the shop and loved it. The website you provide comes up for them but not their Saba Deep Dive Center.

Ok, thank you! Their website does open up for me, it is even linked on your post. How strange you are unable to see it?

So you did not feel like Sea Saba was a bit of a cattle drive? Is that something that bothers you or are you ok with more divers. I like to dive my air, as well as photograph. I find when there are lots of divers, several groups, it almost ruins the experience.

I doubt that anyone on ScubaBoard admits to being okay with a cattle boat. We certainly are not. We like diving at our own pace and I am a photographer. Poking around and finding out what we can, we decided to go with Sea Saba.

When we last dove with Saba Deep in 2010, they were also responsible for the ferry and would wait for ferry divers to show up and then hurry back to the dock to get them on the return ferry. The boat was in poor shape. Again, 2010 was a long time ago.

Another option would be Explorer Ventures. The do a liveaboard between St Kitts and St Maarten with most of the time spent off of Saba. Diving is way easy as you just plop off the end of the boat! I loved my week on that boat.

Very true Abernat! But some people do not mind larger groups. Sounds like we might be on the same page, I will give Sea Saba a call. Thank you for the ferry info, good to know.

Chairman, I actually contacted Explorer Ventures first - they are full when we are going. Well - some single spots are left, nothing for a couple. Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Saba Deep is not operating since a few years.
For your cattle boat concerns- Sea Saba has 40ft boats with a max of 10 divers.
If you were to go with the Explorer (I know you are not, just as an info), you are very limited in divesites-only certain moorings will hold the liveaboard.

Thanks for the info Vicky! I did not do any research on the liveaboard as I asked them about availability first, and moved on when there was none. I assumed they have run-abouts, but it sounds like they dive direct from the boat. Good info for others to know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom