Another Greeting from OHIO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ezadel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello,
I just got my OW PADI last week. I did my classroom/pool sessions in cincy then my open water checkout dives in Florida:
dive 1-3 in devils den
dive 4 drift in rainbow river
once done i got to do dive 5 with a group from the dive shop at devils den again did many swim thru rocky formations
then finally dive 5 was at epcot where i got uncomfortably close to a shark..see photo
now I am back to OHIO and looking for divebuddies
.. anyone wants to go to a quarry on weekends. starting this weekend, I am game.
Extemely excited to doore diving evry chance I get..let me know
EzShark.JPG

I'm headed over to the quarry at circleville in a few minutes. In town right now at my b&b. I'm teaching solo and sidemount this weekend but will be back out again on the 10th and 11th with an open water student.

Sounds good,
I am about 1.5 hrs from circleville, and I would need rental gear(do they rent over there?). I am just looking for someone to be around while I get more bottom time. I could join either tom or the weekend of the 10,11 ( assuming I dont get stuck with family related stuff).. Hope you have fun at circleville

Welcome to SB ezadel and congratulations on your dive certification! I'm in northern Maine and like you, I got certified at Devil's Den and then went on to Rainbow River afterward. I also did the Epcot dive after I completed my AOW and NITROX courses. Dive safely and have fun!

Thanks. Yea I hope that one day after I get some diving under my belt, I can go back to that area to get my cave ceritification...
Until then I really hope to meet others close to the local quarrys who can help me gain experience..

That's a sand tiger shark. You're had a close encounter with a fairly large shark early on in your diving. That's a good 'starter shark' in my book! You can see them fairly close up in the wild without resorting to baiting or feeding, diving off-shore wrecks out of North Carolina (trip report). You'll need more experience, particularly with deep diving and nitrox certification, but when you're ready, they're there.

In the meantime, congrats.s on your OW cert.

Richard.

Thanks. Yea I hope that one day after I get some diving under my belt, I can go back to that area to get my cave ceritification...
Until then I really hope to meet others close to the local quarrys who can help me gain experience..
I haven't gone into cave diving, yet. But I did get my Cavern certificate while doing my NITROX. Maybe one of these days I will go for it.

That's a sand tiger shark. You're had a close encounter with a fairly large shark early on in your diving. That's a good 'starter shark' in my book! You can see them fairly close up in the wild without resorting to baiting or feeding, diving off-shore wrecks out of North Carolina (trip report). You'll need more experience, particularly with deep diving and nitrox certification, but when you're ready, they're there.

In the meantime, congrats.s on your OW cert.

Richard.
yep. Heard about those. Hopefully, I ll get to do it one day. Baiting sharks? that doesnt sound very safe, is it?

I just saw your reply. I will be back in Circleville in two weeks, June 10th and 11th. Todd does rent gear at the quarry, Prices are on his website - Diving

I would not have been able to dive with you this weekend due to teaching sidemount and solo classes. I will have an Open Water student and at least one other diver with me the next time. You'd be welcome to hang out with us, realizing that my focus has to be on my student. The other diver with us might be willing to buddy up with you for a dive or two. She is one of my best students and an excellent diver.

awesome. I will touchbase again as we get closer to the weekend of the 10th. Looking forward to it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom