Jupiter diver in trauma center after ‘upper extremity’ injury

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you feed sharks for a living, it shouldn't come as a surprise when you get bit!

An occupational hazard to be sure, but that's not so different from many jobs out there. If this turns out to be what happened, I hope we get a detailed account.

Richard.

When you feed sharks for a living, it shouldn't come as a surprise when you get bit!
After this week he shouldn't be surprised if he gets a cancellation letter from his insurance..... that is if he has any. County should be able send this op a bill for services rendered this week.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged

News article circa 2015: Jordan suggests. “When they get to see a shark interaction during a feeding, they’re usually pretty surprised that I’m able to put food out and have the shark eat it out of my hand—but not have it eat my hand,”

Reported to be a bite by some in the juniper dive community. Details not made public.

This is a numbers game. Randy's been doing this 3 times a day on most days for a very, very long time. Others that run certain blue boats have been doing it decades...... "Incidents" are minimal.... more people are injured and/or die parasailing than hand feeding sharks..... That said, the shark feeder has to be right 100% of the time.... the shark only once. This is an occupational hazard for those that choose to earn a living that way. They're all big boys and girls.

As a fellow diver, we should all wish Randy a speedy recovery and return to the water.....

Last edited:
As a fellow diver, we should all wish Randy a speedy recovery and return to the water.....

That, of course. But I do have a naive question: if I'm doing doing this 3xday 5 days/week, why am I not wearing a shoulder-length titanium chainmail gauntlet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom