Cheaper RA park fees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year I paid $100 & thought that $75 for the park fee & $25 for the port fee. The 2016- 2018 park fee is still the same ($75) from looking at the available punch dates of purchase on the card. I guess the port fees have gone up now.

When we dived from the Mermaid in Komodo in 2012 we were told that much of the "park fees" went to the local villages to pay them to dive their reefs. This was especially true outside the marine park where they paid the village to not destructively fish the pretty reef dives.

I know that the White Manta fleet and Mermaid fleet also contribute to the Misool Foundation to help support their patrols and rangers in the Misool area. Fairs, fair. If you are diving in their sanctuary then you should expect to support their conservation efforts.

I don't know if this is the case, just guessing.

Sharon

It ran out after our last trip. At least, I *think* it ran out. Can anyone tell from this?

View attachment 411555

My question remains the same.

- Bill

Here is my Raja Ampat permit that was expired on 14 May 2017.

IMG_5709.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom