Do Suunto computers go through batteries unusually fast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let see if I can answer all these questions -

Total dives - 121 - Total hours - 53, so estimate 1/2 of that for each battery

The first time it gave me some warning, and I had time to change the battery. This time it was dead for the first dive of the year after sitting since November.

Battery shelf time *could* be an issue.

I never use the compass or backlight. Even when I night dive, I use my flashlight.

It never stays in dive mode, always goes to time mode fairly quickly.

Let see if I can answer all these questions -

Total dives - 121 - Total hours - 53, so estimate 1/2 of that for each battery

The first time it gave me some warning, and I had time to change the battery. This time it was dead for the first dive of the year after sitting since November.

Battery shelf time *could* be an issue.

I never use the compass or backlight. Even when I night dive, I use my flashlight.

It never stays in dive mode, always goes to time mode fairly quickly.

That looks like very low number of hours/dives for the batteries to go bad.

My Vyper began to eat batteries quickly.
I noticed that the display was not turning off, sometimes for days. The display showed AC (Aqua Contact)
I tried cleaning the contacts with a toothbrush and clean water to no avail.
Then I tried filling the download socket with lemon juice, and letting it soak for a few minutes. Then a clean water rinse.
That seems to have fixed it. Now I clean the contacts with lemon juice at the end of each dive trip. Now the display turns off when the computer dries, as expected.
Current battery still shows full after about 100 dives.
I surmise that algae or something was growing in the contact socket between the terminals, making the electronics believe the computer was still wet.
Richard.

My Gekko battery refused to die, a few hundred dives over around 3 years. It was still alive when I lost it, the computer, not my mind that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom