Brand new...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Zabnee and welcome to the board. Wishing you the very best of luck with your upcoming dives next month. You should do fine. I'm in northern Maine and don't yet know what the water temps or diving is like here. I've only been diving in Florida and Jamaica so far. The main reason for that, is that I don't have any local dive buddies to go diving with. The other being that the closest dive shop and ocean is about 4 hours south of my location. Hopefully I get a chance to get out there at some point this summer. Stay safe and happy diving!

Well, so much for that plan.. didn't have enough people interested in a June dive at Tobermory (Read: hubby and I were the only ones...) so it's been cancelled. Back to the drawingt board, to figure out our OW. Sorry Stoo.. you won't be hearing us shreik from down the road now!

:angrymob:

Welcome to the board! You will be amazed when you have your first opportunity to do Pacific warm water diving!

You might be interested in a little update on Tobermory conditions. I hosted three guys from Milwaukee in Tob from Saturday until today... three dives a day... they were anxious to get as many dives in as they could.

The water is warming up well... shallower depths were already 47°- 48° F which is maybe 5° warmer than normal. It was still cold below 50' or so, but it always is. I think we hit 38°/39° at 150', bit otherwise it was really nice, with great vis...

Here's a link to a few photos from this week..

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.seldon/media_set?set=a.10155606151219505.1073741931.632159504&type=3

Just a little update.. Since we couldn't make Toby work, we ended up doing our OW checkout dives in Lake Simcoe.. 2xJohnson Beach at 52F at-depth temperature June 21, and 2xShelswell Park at 60F at-depth temperature June 28th.

But they're done!

Last edited:
Welcome to SB Zabnee. A great place to hang out on surface intervals.

Just a little update.. Since we couldn't make Toby work, we ended up doing our OW checkout dives in Lake Simcoe.. 2xJohnson Beach at 52F at-depth temperature June 21, and 2xShelswell Park at 60F at-depth temperature June 28th.

But they're done!

Well, Congratulations!

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom