Good Shore Dives in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There might be a couple old tires in the outermost pile, but there's a huge anchor and cannon there too. There are also two more cannons that are neat. Granted there's a lot of concrete rubble next to the hotel dock and peirs, but it's loaded with fish, little rays, octupus.....
Chankanaab it nice too but costs 3 times as much due to having to pay for the "guide" and the tank rental is a lot more than the 6 bucks you pay at Aqua Safari @ PLG. It has nice swim thrus and uw monuments. Here's a pic of the glassy sweeps at the exit of one of the swim thrus....

have fun,
Tony

The garbage dump is off of the cove at the Barracuda. Not the dive that is behind PLG.

I've dived the airplane at La Cieba, and it is a nice shore dive. Quick question about it... how does the resort/shop feel about nondivers coming in for a shore snorkel there (since they get no revenue from renting anything)? I'm going to be in Coz and wanted to show some nondivers a good shore dive that they can enjoy even from the surface.

The garbage dump is Pico's artificial reef. He put that stuff there to attract fish, which it does.

My two cents on this revived thread: right in front of Caribe Blu and to the south (can't remember the name, maybe Villa Blanca?) a good distance...all excellent. Do not miss this area. Stay tuned for a trip report coming hopefully by this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom