Four Star LOBs in RA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice - thanks!

- Bill
Food is supposed to be awesome and never more than 12 divers! Spendy though and that GAIA looks beautiful but again I'll bet it's rates are high side!

Last edited:
the cruise directors are the best at taking care of customers!!
They had a great teacher :p

Damai would be 5 star, not 4. All boats have steps to the water, some more than others, but shouldn't be a problem since you aren't really geared up. There a generally stairs to get to you cabin. The metal boats will generally have a shorter walk to the water, e.g. Mermaids, Aggressor, than the Phinisi. The protocol on the Aggressor, formerly Ocean Rover was to gear up and then get in the boat. Another 4-star boat not mentioned is the Seven Seas.

So, Mike, the Gaia website has no names anywhere. Who might the cruise directors be? J&G? or another couple who recently completed their contract?

I would rate Seven Seas a 3 minus. Not very well run. Not an easy in/out into dive boats. You have to negotiate around staff, rinse hoses on deck.

Love the Dewi. Here's a photo of the stairs to the top deck, which is to lounge chairs.
Dewi Stairs.jpg

Love the Dewi. Here's a photo of the stairs to the top deck, which is to lounge chairs.
View attachment 412128

Octopuppy, thanks for your ratings!

Personally, I am most interested in the stairs from the dive deck to the tenders, how many and how well supported with handrails. And how comfortable are the tenders to put one's gear on. I need to put the gear on from the exact place that I backroll.

Thanks,

Bill

. And how comfortable are the tenders to put one's gear on. I need to put the gear on from the exact place that I backroll.

Thanks,

Bill[/QUOTE]

Then you should add into your decision mix rib's versus metal tenders such as this.
Tambora-liveaboard-Indonesia-dive-tenders.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom