Help - EM1 M2 syncing issues - in Analio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Audsred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

I am in Analio right now with my new Olympus Em1 M2, Inon Z240 type 4 strobes. I am shooting manual, ISO 100, sync 200 and f16-18. We have tried all combinations of settings on the Z240's - most importantly the magnet button in and out. Mike B has been trouble shooting with me - have tried a number of settings but so far no luck. I have set the flash to fill (lighting bolt) on the camera. I tried my strobes on a canon dslr and they work as you would expect. FYI - the strobes fire - they just don't sync.

I'm guessing there are some new settings with the EM1 M2 that weren't on the EM1 which are causing this issue?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks
Audrey

I'm not sure what you mean by "sync 200". I'd try a slower shutter speed, say 1/180th and see what happens. They should work fine on manual. Fill is TTL. Scroll over tot he right where is says "full". Press info and turn it down to a low setting. that's is manual.

Try it out of the housing first, then add a sync cord after checking it. You may want to try another cord too.

Audsred,
I'm not familiar with Olympus at all, but somewhat with Z240.
How are you getting the strobes to fire?
Are you using:
Olympus kit external flash?
Are you shooting with fiber optics?
What housing are you using?
When you say magnetic Mike B? Are you talking about the pre-flash button, located on the lower right side of a Z240 type4, that you can either let be "fully extended", or pushed in and locked in place by turning it slightly to lock it into a permanently pushed in setting?

When you say the strobes fire but don't sync, what are you getting? Black bands...dark photos, or? The camera should sync with the strobes up to 1/250. There is an x-sync setting that should be set at 1/250 or slower...Could you have set that incorrectly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom