PSI Crystal Simple Green dilution factor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe they took it from the Simple Green Website which give a 1:500 dilution for Oxygen cleaning.
Simple Green | Industrial

Thanks very much for that link.

So that is the source of the 1:500 dilution rate and PSI in their OCCT course is referencing this for O2 valve cleaning.

It would be interesting to know the rationale behind such a high dilution rate other than a very low likelihood of leaving any residue behind, but you really have to wonder about its cleaning potential with only 2 ml in a litre of water?

ok..... moving right along, (wont get involved in that).

What is the difference between Simple Green and Crystal Simple Green. Is just plain Simple Green fine for oxygen cleaning?

I think crystal is "cleaner" without any additional additives that green has.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some bickering has been reported by several members. I have deleted the same. If you want to make a point, especially regarding anything I deleted, please do so politely. But stop with the personal attacks. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Last edited:
your right crystal is Different ordinary simple green (biodegradable ) is what you use I took my students to supply store on the weekend and showed them the difference .....i am a current certified instructor so I have the current information , just so you know who is giving the info to you the crystal IS diluted way more ....PS I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with the company ....also there really is no down side using higher concentrations just more money ,and more time to flush . That being said after my hot water flush I use a rise and flush with TSP then flush again till clean ......

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some bickering has been reported by several members. I have deleted the same. If you want to make a point, especially regarding anything I deleted, please do so politely. But stop with the personal attacks. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

I missed a fight I wasn't in??? Please do send me the transcript!!

:)

post 11 covers what I suspect
Thanks very much for that link.

So that is the source of the 1:500 dilution rate and PSI in their OCCT course is referencing this for O2 valve cleaning.

It would be interesting to know the rationale behind such a high dilution rate other than a very low likelihood of leaving any residue behind, but you really have to wonder about its cleaning potential with only 2 ml in a litre of water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom