Sony A6500 Custom White Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was playing with the A6500 last night in a friends pool to get the hang of the controls and ran into something I couldn't figure out. On my G15 in the past I used the two custom modes on the mode dial to setup my diving presets, RAW image, High Quality, ISO etc.. one for P mode and one for usually A mode. I've got that going on the sony but when I have the dial set to one of those modes the sampling white balance doesn't work. It throws some sort of error on the screen about not working in Memory modes. I can duplicate a mode manually with A priority or P and get it to work, so is there something else I've changed that's made it wrong?

thank you.

The exact error screen is "This operation or setting not available as follows" Then under that it says "Shoot Mode" "Memory Recall"

Might try posting this on Wetpixel as well. There seem to be a few A6300/A6500 owners there.

Yeah that's a weird limitation on the A6500 you can't use custom white balance in those modes, I can't understand why. I'll try it with the new firmware though and see if they've fixed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom