Free flight to Papua New Guinea for work... where should I go diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But is PNG good for beginner? And I would be carrying video gear too, so lots of luggage (there free for work for video production). So pond hoppers would be hard. But I am open to that. It just looks it might be really inconvenient?

Is there good beginner diving right out of Port Moresby?

No. There is no diving straight out of Moresby anymore. The only dive op there has shut down. You need to get a domestic flight somewhere within PNG. There is beginner diving in PNG, but given the fact that you have stated multiple times that you are on a tight budget, they are all well outside your price range. Google Tawali, Walindi, or Tufi. Then check their rates. There is no real competition in PNG, as it isn't a big market, so they charge whatever they like and get away with it.

Just back from PNG after back to backs on the Fe Brina ...if you have any questions Email me@
phil@ phitobin.com

Back
Top Bottom