Question for my wife,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, I will pass this on. She is just looking for a touch of warmth, and a little protection from sharp spots. We love our Lavacore rash guards!

Why doesn't she like the skins? There's a variety online including dive skin/rash guard pants.
We will keep looking, She hasn't seen anyone wear any that she likes yet.

I've just picked up some tights from a discount department store (Kmart and Target) after all of the dive masters and instructors on our last live aboard swearing by them. I'm excited as I hate squeezing into a wet suit unless absolutely necessary and if the water is over 26 degrees Celsius I refuse to do so!

Please everyone check your rear view,
Loose weave on the "tights" is the clue
Equatorial sun shines
On helpless behinds
Better dive skins than Bum-BarBQue!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 90
Has she considered making her own or getting a tailor? I'm handy with a sewing machine so I make my own. I know the swim wear fabric goes on sale often at Joann's fabric. If she's not handy herself with a sewing machine, she could probably have them made rather inexpensive as they shouldn't take a tailor more than 30-45 min to make a pair. Certainly not more than in a sports store and they're custom.

Check out some of the surf brands or swimwear brands that have tights. They're great for avoiding sunburns, stings, and accidental bumps into things. Some are quite cute. I'm with your wife on this one - not a fan of the full onesies. However, I'm never usually warm enough to even get out of a 3mm so I haven't found the need for the tights yet. :) Good luck!

Athleta has swim tights. Check them out online as they are not sold in stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom