Nikon 60mm in Nauticam Macro Port 87

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hezishohat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello
Can I use the Nikon AF-S 60mm Micro in the Nikon 105VR port (Nauticam Port 87)?

Thanks, Hezi

It will certainly fit, but at full extension, it will be around an inch short of the glass, and the 60 focuses so closely that you'll lose the ability to shoot 1:1 and may have a problem with reflection from the glass. Probably work dandy with a .4 teleconverter, though. That would make it an 84mm lens.

I don't think you will be able to focus with that configuration because the 60 mm lens is too far apart from the port's glass. You can try, but it's like going to struggle focusing.
What does the port chart say or recommend for this lens?

I used the 60mm 2.8 D (not AF-S G) in the Macro Port 87 on a DX body (D7000) and it worked great. It doesn't work well on the FX body I am using now. If you are using DX it may work okay, but I think you made the right call to just get the right port for it, especially if you want to use wet diopters.

Back
Top Bottom