Nude diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear exposure protection even in the warmest tropical waters mainly to avoid stingers but also not to frighten the marine critters

Me too. Places that restrict gloves annoy me. I know enough not to poke the critters on the bottom but I do feel that using a down-line on the mooring buoy is fine and water-logged hands in warm water are fragile compared to barnacles on the hull or burrs on the ladder.

I always wear a full suit, too many Gray Triggers, Sharksuckers, and other hazards for me to dive with much exposed skin. Sometimes, it's just piece of mind.

I prefer diving in the tropics, warm water is my friend (I can't deal with cold at ALL), but I've done plenty of nude dives. And not just the infamous 100th, either. I think it's fun!

12507546_1022802471143686_7519776383889353453_n.jpg

What's these dangling thing you all are talking about?

I'm with george on this. My octo is secure. Nothing dangles...

Advanced in risk, technique and difficulty if not maturity.

I will say this. Without a wetsuit the material choices of your bcd becomes much for foremost in your mind as well as awareness of avoiding ALL contact with the marine life... level playing field without our rubber armor suits on.

...coming from a 'friend' who is an occasional tank, reg, fins and mask skin diver when the environment permits.
I just found the notion of nude diving being an advanced skill highly entertaining lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom