The Party has begun...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey SB Invasion crew, do me a favor and take a few pics of the special tags we made for you, on your gear. Would love to have a photo or two to share on our site.
full.png

The new owner, Julio, has done a wonderful job with this resort.
I met Julio today. Nice guy and a very well run operation. :D
Why the Mavic? How steep is the learning curve?
Why the Mavic Pro?
  • Off the shelf
  • Packs super small since it folds
  • Half the weight of the Phantom 4
  • 90% of the speed and time in air of the Phantom 4
  • More stable than the Phantom 4
  • So easy, even I look good flying it.
The 'learning curve' consisted of figuring out how to turn it on and then doing a couple of simulation flights. I've read a bit on it, but it's just darn simple. Know where you're going. Know your airspace. Set the return height to be higher than the obstacles around you.[/QUOTE]
Hey SB Invasion crew, do me a favor and take a few pics of the special tags we made for you, on your gear.
Since many of them are taking an "Electronics Free" vacation, I'll pass this along. :D The tags are simply awesome!!!

Why the Mavic Pro?
  • Off the shelf
The 'learning curve' consisted of figuring out how to turn it on and then doing a couple of simulation flights. I've read a bit on it, but it's just darn simple. Know where you're going. Know your airspace. Set the return height to be higher than the obstacles around you.

Since many of them are taking an "Electronics Free" vacation, I'll pass this along. :D The tags are simply awesome!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you, appreciate it. Glad everyone likes the tags.

FWIW, the diving is awesome here. Our travel time from the dock to the dive site Marissa's Reef, according to Nico our DM was 3 minutes 27 seconds. :D I have some drone footage that's not up yet of people getting back on the boat after the first dive. You can see divers under the water and if we could erase the bubbles, we could probably ID them from the air. I can see a string of dive boats from my porch. It's an amazing vantage point. There was lots of wind, so I kept my distance, not wishing to be blown into anything.

The AOW class has had a couple of shake out dives and we officially started class in the shallows by the dolphin pen. I was able to distract them long enough to work out some trim and we extracted 25 pounds of weight during the session. I think we'll see that drop further as the diving progresses. The improvement from the morning dive to the end of the afternoon session was significant. Probably the most I've seen. Today we dive a wreck, discuss limits and have a picnic. It's gonna be fun! I'm bringing not only my Hero 5 Black, but also the Mavic Pro.

The food has been awesome. The guatusas are cute but homely. We're seeing lots of flutterbys and humming birds to boot. The crew has been having loads of fun. Wish y'all were here! @cardzard and @ROXANNE have done it again!

Why the Mavic Pro?
  • Off the shelf
The 'learning curve' consisted of figuring out how to turn it on and then doing a couple of simulation flights. I've read a bit on it, but it's just darn simple. Know where you're going. Know your airspace. Set the return height to be higher than the obstacles around you.

Since many of them are taking an "Electronics Free" vacation, I'll pass this along. :D The tags are simply awesome!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Doc. I'm really, really fighting the "need" to buy one. :)

The footage was impressive. Looking on a new high-res. monitor, at first full-screen wasn't sharp, till I realized the stream for me was defaulting to fairly low res video; I switched to 1080 and it got sharp and beautiful. The image stabilization I assume that thing must have is apparently working very well. Only when you pan is it anything but smooth, and while abrupt, pans aren't bad.

If you travel a lot, that drone could be a whole lot of fun.

Richard.

It is fun, but give yourself plenty of room. I crashed it into me today. The marks look like I was attacked by a local jaguar! That's through a shirt at that. :D

It is fun, but give yourself plenty of room. I crashed it into me today. The marks look like I was attacked by a local jaguar! That's through a shirt at that. :D
You droned yourself out??? :)
Hope all is good and dive goes on!

I'm tough... I'll keep droning along. :D

What a difference a day makes!!! On Sunday, we had three seahorses in our class and only one of the five had good trim. Today, everyone's a real diver: horizontal, frog kicking (where possible) and looking good. Even Nico the Divemaster was impressed. Good job!!! The diving got truly Zen as the day wore on and air consumption has dropped radically. We've been joined by Stacy the Mermaid: our new "DiT" (Divemaster in Training). Our teens now know why mermaids wear seashells, and the difference between a Scuba tank and a really beautiful woman. After three dives, my butt was worn out!

Today, we're going to be getting Narcy with it and are doing our deep dive. The afternoon will feature shooting our SMB.

As far as the drone is concerned; it is fine, although I'm emotionally scarred! :D I found my self in a new situation with being quite close to an airport and a "no fly zone". The drone software doesn't like being there and kept beeping like mad. Ergo, it got put back in it's box and I'll fly it in a safer zone. I believe the Mavic Pro is the only drone with that important safety feature. It tries to keep you out of trouble. I really like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom