For Sale RescueMe PLB1 diving housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeeCat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sometime ago I purchased RescueMe PLB1 and started to look for housing. There are some suitable housings available on the market, but I found all of them to be too big, too heavy and far too expensive. As result I decided to design and manufacture the housing myself. The housing images are below:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg

The housing was tested to 60m depth and didn't show any signs of leak.

The housing was designed to minimum size to accept PLB1, have min. weight and to be rugged enough to use in typical diving environment.

The results are as following:
- dimensions W100mm x H90mm x D50mm
- weight - 392g (empty on air)
- buoyancy - +50g empty; -80g with device loaded
- material - marine grade Aluminium (6061)
- finish - hard black anodizing

The housing can be placed in any drysuite/wetsuite pocket or attached to waist strap of any BC/harness.

Price - US$220 excl. shipping.
Please contact me via PM for additional details.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it won't be suitable for Fastfind. The housing designed around RescueMe with very small gaps to minimize size and RescueMe is much smaller compared to Fastfind. It can be designed for Fastfind, but I wouldn't like to do it for single order. Also machining for the housing will be more complex. Sorry...

Are you manufacturing and selling these or do you just have the one prototype that is for sale?

I do have 1 "prototype" for myself and NOT for sale at the moment. If it will attract the interest I will manufacture more for sale on orders.

The housing was very convenient and reliable on the diving trip I did just now. It wasn't at extreme conditions, but at 30m no any signs of deformations and leaks!!!

Back
Top Bottom