What thickness wetsuit for Cenotes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i wore a 3mm shorty last trip. 1-2 3 hr dives daily.

My husband and I go to Mexico almost every year. I usually bring a 5mm (dove a drysuit last year though), but a 3mm will probably be fine if you bring a hood and limit your dive time to minimize chill. Expect 74-77 degree waters depending on where you are diving in the Cenotes. In a 5mm I was able to do 4 hour dives cave diving just fine. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I am packing my 5 mm and my hood :)

I will be going to Cozumel this summer (June) and plan on diving one or more Cenotes. What thickness wetsuit will I need? I hate hauling a 5mm (or more) down there if I won't need it.

A 5mm in April was just about right for me for 2 back to back dives... and I get cold very easily in general.

I wore a 3mm shorty for two one hour dives and was good. Though the last bit I did start to get a chill. This was in mid july and it was hot too. If you tend to get chilly quickly, I might wear a higher mill.

Thanks to everyone that answered! I wore my 5mm and my Lavacore hood and was good to go. Did two dives and didn't get chilly until just before the 2nd dive was over.

Back
Top Bottom