Warmer than Santi BZ400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently using 4th Element Xerotherm base layer (top and bottoms) when it gets at it's coldest I add a merino top and leggings. A few things made a big difference, dry gloves but not wearing liners that were too thick. As counter intuitive as it might sound thinner liners were warmer. Same issue with socks, thinner was warmer. I'm guessing that too thick gloves and socks somewhat restricted both blood and air flow. When it's at it's coldest I add an additional KG of lead and add more air to my suit, this helps. I try to dump and add air as little as possible.
Thanks. All great info. My Hot Chillys top arrived last night. I'm wondering if it's about the same warmth as the Xerotherm. Their materials are about the same.

When I looked at the BZ400 it did not seem to have enough shoulder flexibility for me. I have a Halo 3D and it's quite good, and I have various things that are not as warm. But for 2-hour dives in 38-43 degree water, I need heat. I have a DUI Blue Heat system. The combination of the Halo and the Blue Heat means I need to unbuckle my waist strap to close my isolator valve, but it's worth it! I just picked up a Weezle Extreme but have yet to dive it.

When I looked at the BZ400 it did not seem to have enough shoulder flexibility for me. I have a Halo 3D and it's quite good, and I have various things that are not as warm. But for 2-hour dives in 38-43 degree water, I need heat. I have a DUI Blue Heat system. The combination of the Halo and the Blue Heat means I need to unbuckle my waist strap to close my isolator valve, but it's worth it! I just picked up a Weezle Extreme but have yet to dive it.

Have you tried the Weezle Extreme now, if so, how was it, and was it easy to get the air out again?

Have you tried the Weezle Extreme now, if so, how was it, and was it easy to get the air out again?

I dove it last weekend. It's no easier or harder to get air out of it than it is for any other undergarment I've used.

It's warmer than my Halo 3D, enough that for dives in less than 45F water I'll use the Weezle. I used the heat less than usual, but I still used it in the 40F water. (171' max, 66 minutes RT. I used the heat on the middle setting for 15-20 minutes on deco before getting up to warmer water. Not definitely necessary, but a lot of comfortable!)

Edit: It definitely has better freedom of movement for me than the Halo, too.

I don't know if this is too late of a contribution, but I have both the 4th Element Halo 3D and the Santi BZ400. The Halo 3D is warmer and kept me warmer when I experienced leaks by a long shot. With the Halo 3D, I could feel something was amiss. With the BZ400, I really felt it.

I don't know if this is too late of a contribution, but I have both the 4th Element Halo 3D and the Santi BZ400. The Halo 3D is warmer and kept me warmer when I experienced leaks by a long shot. With the Halo 3D, I could feel something was amiss. With the BZ400, I really felt it.

It's a worth while contribution for me, I'm looking for something less bulky than the BZ400, it's a struggle to reach dump valve, but need something that's at the very least as warm as the BZ. Is the Halo less bulky? Buoyancy? Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom