New booster hoses and fittings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I may be able to set up a new booster, hurray! But have questions on hoses and fittings. I plan on using a small booster to 3000 - 3300 O2 for rebreather cylinders.

Can I use normal regulator high pressure hoses? Will the fittings limit flow? Or do I need a alternative hose.
Will brass fittings do with my pressure or do I need stainless fittings.

I have seen spring loaded couplers to quick change fittings for different supply fittings. I really like that idea. Does anyone have a source for those type of couplers and fittings.

parker or swagelok should have what you need

depends on how many scfm you want to get out of the booster, but normal hp hoses probably will be enough for you. 3000 psi is cutting it close to the pressure rating for brass fittings depending on size, so you will need to double check with the manufacturer of the exact pressure rating for whether you need to go to 316 SS.

you can get QD fittings for low pressure service in the 100 to 250 psi range, but iirc there are none for high pressure. you can find ones for medical o2 that come compatible and cleaned already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom