New From Florida...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1000RR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi. A friend of mine told me about this Board so thought I'd join. One of my daughters and I are in the process of getting our Open Water. Just finishing up the online portion, will take the exam next week and then our dives this time in July. She's pretty excited about it. Something I've always wanted to do but never really had a dive buddy. So now I got one! I'll be perusing quite a bit around here I'm sure and trying to learn and soak in as much as possible.

Enjoy!

Welcome to scuba and welcome to SB! Have fun and dive safe.

Hello and welcome to the board. Best wishes to both you and your daughter with your courses! You are very lucky to have a dive partner that is undergoing the same training as you. Lots of safe diving to you both!

PS: Is your avatar a picture of Virgil from Blue Grotto in Williston?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes, the Florida Soft Shell turtle... I've got a few daughters, but the one that's getting certified with me is the one that also caught this big girl. She's always trying to find/catch something. Hence why I think it's going to be awesome to have her as a dive partner.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome. I may have to sell the other two kids though to buy all our gear - haha. That part has begun though and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on the Board/Forum. Just trying to pick up used stuff for now for the major items.

If you ever need a dive buddy in South or central Florida give me a shout.

I will definitely do that. Everything is new to me/us right now so we've got a lot to learn and even more to explore! Working on gearing us up now... that's an entire learning experience of its own too!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes, the Florida Soft Shell turtle... I've got a few daughters, but the one that's getting certified with me is the one that also caught this big girl. She's always trying to find/catch something. Hence why I think it's going to be awesome to have her as a dive partner.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome. I may have to sell the other two kids though to buy all our gear - haha. That part has begun though and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on the Board/Forum. Just trying to pick up used stuff for now for the major items.

Welcome!
You must have outstanding kids!
Otherwise, selling two would never suffice to help you sustain the hobby. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom