SSI advanced adventurer vs Individual specialities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is true that ssi is trying to encourage the dealers to adopt their own printing ability so ssi does not have to print and mail cards. the student will of course receive the digital card.
we find most students are not interested in the digital card. they want to have the real card as a keepsake and a reward for their accomplishment. and i agree. unfortunately our shop does not have the ability to print our own cards. hard to justify the expense when you have such a small shop.

Thanks for the reply, Rick!

Adam

I guess it depends on how your shop prices it out. Mine does a package for the SDI Advanced that includes 4 specialties. I'll have it done in August, so one a month.

My point is that some of us may not have the time or funds to complete the program in an expeditious manner. The choice does not have to be one or the other, but what works best for the OP.

Bob

one of our "typical" dive specialties runs about $155.00. all include tank rentals, at least one 2hr academic session, and either two 2 hr pool sessions or 2 ow dives. plus they have access to the online materials for that course. i think that is a pretty fair value for the money.
something that needs to be remembered is that most divers (not all) need an incentive to keep interested in the sport. to keep the juices flowing so to speak. especially in the off season. taking a specialty course or taking several over time to work towards a higher rating gives the customer a goal to strive for. call it marketing if you wish but it still holds true that a lot of people need this.
coaching sessions are great. lots of instr offer this service. but specialties can offer solid, valuable training and a fair price.
Just curious how much do you charge for tech.

the "tech" level training is something new for us and we are just starting to get our feet wet. one of our instructors is now an "intro to tech" instr for TDI and is offering that course. i believe it is $350. he also can do Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures which i think is $1200. he is hoping to offer trimix as well in the near future.
i myself am not offering any "tech" level programs at this time. i recently received my SSI XR Nitrox instr but even though it is part of the XR line of courses, it is marketed as recreational level training.

the "tech" level training is something new for us and we are just starting to get our feet wet. one of our instructors is now an "intro to tech" instr for TDI and is offering that course. i believe it is $350. he also can do Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures which i think is $1200. he is hoping to offer trimix as well in the near future.
i myself am not offering any "tech" level programs at this time. i recently received my SSI XR Nitrox instr but even though it is part of the XR line of courses, it is marketed as recreational level training.
I was just curious as your price was low on your post. I am hearing up to start tec training next year here in AZ.

our basic recreational specialties are $155....drysuit, wreck, nav, night etc etc. they do charge more for stress and rescue. and the deep course is more due to the boat charter fees required. i think the fees are pretty typical no ?

our basic recreational specialties are $155....drysuit, wreck, nav, night etc etc. they do charge more for stress and rescue. and the deep course is more due to the boat charter fees required. i think the fees are pretty typical no ?
I don't know here in Arizona I have seen some of the courses start at 200 dollars and that doesn't include course material and boat fees are extra if needed. I got lucky and found a tec instructor that is not charging an arm and a leg. Still pricey but within my price range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom