A bit of Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're concerned about the police reaction, just forget you even saw it. Don't invite the man into your life.

Hey guys, thanks for the great advice. I was just a little concerned about just notifying the police because the way things are here and the fact that this is not just some basic bucket. This bucket you see has what is known as a "NSN " if your military you know what Im talking about. was thinkig about contacting the Embassy. What you guys think?

if the bucket had an NS number on it, I would probably report that to the embassy vs. police

Personally, and speaking for myself under the given circumstances in the post, the best may be to take pictures and coordinates and submit anonymously to the authorities or relevant news agencies. Depending on how confident you are in doing so.

In the end there may be relatives who'd like to know about the whereabout of the victim.

'Officials' in some countries may make their problem your own...

Hey guys, thanks for the great advice. I was just a little concerned about just notifying the police because the way things are here and the fact that this is not just some basic bucket. This bucket you see has what is known as a "NSN " if your military you know what Im talking about. was thinkig about contacting the Embassy. What you guys think?
Just out of curiosity do you happen to recall what the NSN was? Specifically what fifth and sixth digit was? That denotes country of origin.

If this is true, I probably wouldn't post about it on a public forum. There's hardly any chance anyone related to the bucket would see it, but I wouldn't want to take that chance. If I were a tourist, I'd report it after I was safely back in my home country. If I were from the Philippines, or lived there like your profile says you do...delete this thread and use a Tor browser to send an anonymous email to the authorities of your choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom