DM/DT Formulas Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a good PDF of just the formulas need for the DM and Padi's DT courses?

Be more specific. Which formulas do you think you need?

The only thing I needed to memorise was the simple table ATA v Meters of Sea water...

Be more specific. Which formulas do you think you need?

The only thing I needed to memorise was the simple table ATA v Meters of Sea water...
Sorry for the late reply, I had left for Cozumel and the internet in my quarters was not working.

I was just looking for a list of formulas to include Boyles Law, lift calculations, Archimedes principal and so on.

The Dive master crewpack includes "The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving" which goes into great detail of all the subjects applicable to diving. Chapter Four, The chemistry and physics of diving includes all these formulas as well as lots of others. For the dive master theory you need an appreciation of the principles, the most complex questions you'll get asked are calculating the change of air consumption from one depth to another, and how a given volume of gas changes from one depth to another. Pretty basic stuff. As long as you have memorised the depth vs pressure table (10m/33' = 2ATA or 25m/50" = 3.5ATA all will be good.

I passed the exam without ever opening the Encyclopedia.

A really good resource is here in this thread PADI Dive Theory Exams with some online questions and explanations as to the working

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom