List of CE certified Class A dive suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slinger101

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently learned that there is actually a CE certification for the thermal protection capability of diving suits. Class A is the warmest possible rating and I was wondering, if there is a magazine article or blog that lists all Class A certified suits? If not, let's try in this thread to create a little list.
Looking forward to your input.
Cheers!

Interesting, so do they rate undergarments or just drysuits? As shell suits have no thermal protection they would all get poor ratings.

Interesting, so do they rate undergarments or just drysuits? As shell suits have no thermal protection they would all get poor ratings.
Not sue how the certification process is conducted. Personally, I wonder how many semidry suits achieved a Class A rating (like the Scubapro Nova Scotia 7.5mm). I would much rather purchase based on CE rating rather than the manufacturers Marketing blurb.

It's so subjective I think such a rating would be of little help. As AA posted shell suits offer very limited, if any, thermal protection so a vast majority of the big manufacturers suits would rate poorly. Having said that, still an interesting thread out of curiosity, subscribed. Cheers.

Never saw an article but here is a link to find CE tested equipment. You can search on the left side by product or manufacturer. You can find any CE certified item here. I recommend you search by product (scuba) and if you do not see it look for more specific item like (buoyancy compensator)

I am sure you could enjoy hours of generalized looking but if you have a specific item you should find it fairly quickly.

Enjoy

http://www.service.rina.it/getec/tipiomologatir5.nsf/mainpage.xsp?info=PPEENG&page=home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom