UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in Duabi this past weekend with The Dive Center, water was like bath water. We dove the Zainab, and then Sheikh Maktoum Barge (SMB).

I dove in Duabi this past weekend with The Dive Center, water was like bath water. We dove the Zainab, and then Sheikh Maktoum Barge (SMB).
My condolences...

:wink:

My condolences...

:rofl3:

Ideally this should have been posted in the "UAE west coast temperatures" thread :wink:

That wasn't warm.. it was only 31 last week... My record on the Zanab is 38C on the bottom. That really was miserable.

Been great vis recently though (in the week days anyhow)

I dove the "Sheik Muhammad Barge" in July and the "Zainab" wreck in September of 2011 and the bottom water temp. at both locations was 34C, YIKES!!!

I stopped diving the west cost as soon as I learned my way around the east cost.

Back to the new nudi site again yesterday along with Benzonar and another couple of buddies Vanjie and Andy.

I surprised myself by finding this tiny specimen which I think is Favorinus sp.

FUJ_1926MCsig_zpsfua9uaxq.jpg

There were a few of these tiny Gymnodoris sp around too, still to ID which one though

FUJ_1986MCsig_zpsghsrgsmx.jpg

At the other end of the scale Vanjie found this large 10 cm Dendrodoris denisoni munching away on some hydroids

FUJ_1951MCsig_zpst14wybrh.jpg

and finally a bit of Opisthobranch voyeurism

FUJ_1961MCsig_zpsk7wrkos2.jpg

Eid Mubarak

It's HOT

Damn HOT, crikey I almost burnt myself washing my gear yesterday after the dive at Fujairah Marina.

52C / 125F

IMG_2025F_zps0os9k8zq.jpg

Strangely enough it was not humid as Saturday was when we did some shore diving (110 and 84 min dives), I drank about 5 litres and didn't pee.

Yesterday we were back at Barracuda after several months having been diving other sites further north, and strangely even though it is Eid only four of us on the boat, although today I believe they have 25 divers booked and both fast boats and the dhow are going out, not my ideal day out though unless I am diving a site away from the masses.

So on the boat was my usual buddy Kerstin and two Kuwaiti ladies. A quick chat revealed one was a Rescue Diver and the other AOW, so the choice of dive sites Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2 were well within their capabilities.

The first question they asked us though was "which one of you is the instructor?"

Kerstin and I both replied none of us ... we are just photographers.

Apparently neither of them had dived on their own before and had always had an instructor (and I expect a DM / guide) on all of their dives, how bizarre, so wake up and smell the coffee ladies today you're on your own!

We did give them briefings at both sites, it's not difficult to navigate around Inch 10, you can't really get lost. They were also both on air so short bottom times for both of them too.

Both of us splashed and accompanied them down through the mass of fish around the mooring line, which has been re-located slightly and I dropped close to the sand off the starboard bow staring at a seahorse whilst adjusting my camera and trim.

FUJ_2063Csig_zpse8guzid8.jpg

Moving round the bow to the port side there were several Hypselodoris dolfusi, probably celebrating Eid too :D

FUJ_2075MCsig_zpsif7lvwsi.jpg

At the stern there were around 4/5 crocodile fish .... they kept moving around it was difficult to keep track.

FUJ_2081MCsig_zpso7upkybe.jpg

plus a massive electric ray too big for me to capture using the 60mm lens but it was close to a meter in diameter, the largest I have ever seen. Something to be aware of when diving this wreck as many times they are buried up to their eyes and anyone kneeling on the bottom might get a surprise.

There were a few more dolfusis, and as well as loads of Caloria sp however the only other nudi I spotted was a Hyspselodoris kanga

FUJ_2096M2Csig_zpsvg02cn58.jpg

After our SI we moved on to CC2 and had another pleasant dive with hundreds of Caloria indica and Caloria militaris, they were everywhere.

FUJ_2108MCsig_zpsx7noeqgl.jpg

But my shot of the day is this small spindle cowrie that was moving around and well out of it's shell

FUJ_2141MCsig_zpsakrvfwjp.jpg

I had 34C at the safety stop and 26 at the bottom on Inchcape 1(30m)

Humidity was off the charts though.

Back
Top Bottom