To integrate or not to integrate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean, besides Shearwater and Ratio adding air integration to their lineups?
Yep. I was really expecting more "big" changes with the all the shuffling of brands-technology. Reading back through this thread and a couple others from a few months back and the general concensus was "Wait till DEMA". And to be honest it looks like not much news came form DEMA. Two brands adding AI (and from what I can tell not new tech, just catching up) is a bit underwhelming.
There were some really good sales right before DEMA that also seemed to support the "Something big is coming" hype. Now I am wishing I had jumped on that Suunto ION with transducer for $999 when I had the chance.
Oh well, I will use the puck this week and see what happens for Christmas sales.

Yep. I was really expecting more "big" changes with the all the shuffling of brands-technology. Reading back through this thread and a couple others from a few months back and the general concensus was "Wait till DEMA". And to be honest it looks like not much news came form DEMA. <snip>

For what it’s worth, and after attending 30+ DEMA shows, it’s clear to me that the show itself as a venue for introducing new products is nowhere near as significant as it used to be. With the internet enabling manufacturers to reach consumers and dealers directly, DEMA is no longer the main venue for communicating about new products. The pressure to release new products at DEMA is much less. That’s not a bad thing, as so many products that were shown in the past didn’t actually make it to production for a very long time- or ever, in some cases. And just because something didn’t appear at DEMA doesn’t mean it won’t turn up this year. :wink:

Ron

Just wanted to close this question. Ended up with Aqualung i450T. They hit all the checks and are very easy to use. Dollar for dollar a good deal as well.
Thanks for all the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom