thoughts on bauer vtc 13-e1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManuLani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have experience with the bauers verticon vtc-13e1 compressor system?
With not having much experience with compressors I am looking to set up shop and could use some insights on how this compressor rates in actual use for reliability, maintenance. ie, is this a good block/setup
Is the securus filter a worthwhile feature or an unneeded cost for filter replacement?

Overall the current requirements I have are filling some 30-40 al80's and a few hp steels per day on weekends with a minimal 5-20 cylinders throughout the week.

The system that I am looking at is:
verticon vtc-13-e1
4 x 509cf/6000psi storage
4whip manifold

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anyone at all? :(

The Verticon is a fine compressor even though it is a bit expensive. However, I think that the securus is a waste of money unless you don't have a regular maintenance schedule. I think that the most important point in making your final decision is to make sure that our local compressor mechanic is trained on whatever compressor you chose. If he/she is a Bauer tech, then go with Bauer. If he/she is a Coltri tech, then go Coltri.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom