Need recommendations for Scuba Diving places

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! I have been wanting to take scuba diving class and a friend recommended Signature Scuba Dive Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. I live in the Inland Empire area, can you guys suggest any other places for scuba diving lessons?
You may want to Google it and see what there is in your area. Before you decide on a shop to get you ow cert talk to the instructor and make sure you are going to be comfortable with him or her. Best of luck.

Before you decide on a shop to get you ow cert talk to the instructor and make sure you are going to be comfortable with him or her.
Great advice. I haven't heard of your shop which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

There is a shop run by a man named "Rusty Berry" who has developed quite a bad reputation here on scubaboard. Do a Google search or yelp search of your local shops for reviews.

You can also consider going the independent instructor route, though I don't know many in the SoCal area. You could post a call for an instructor in the SoCal forum.

Finally, do some research here on instruction philosophies. There is a revival of sorts for higher quality training, but it is more intensive.

Good luck!

Look in California Diving News for a list of dive operators and dive clubs in the Inland Empire.

I do know Signature SCUBA as they bring divers out to Catalina for certification fairly regularly.

Book your vacation to Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean and get certified in 4 days! You can even do the theoretical part from home and finish your dive course on Bonaire. Bonaire is the capital of shore diving with crystal blue waters, no current with perfect diving conditions all year round! Have a look yourself: Den Laman Condominiums - Bonaire Apartments

Welcome to Scubaboard, and hope you participate in some discussions relating to Bonaire--there are lots! I love Bonaire.

It looks like Signature is the closest PADI shop to your area but there's a few others nearby:
PADI | The Way the World Learns to Dive®

i suggest you NOT consider Scuba Schools of America - the SSI shop in Montclair. Rusty (mentioned above) has a reputation for overcharging and overselling gear you don't need.
There's several lengthy threads about him/his business practices here. Here's one:
Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

NAUI is another large certification agency - here's their dive shop locator: Locate NAUI Dive Centers | NAUI Worldwide. Dive Safety Through Education

Do what others suggested, call around, talk to or meet your instructor beforehand if possible.Here's a thread with some suggestions on shops near you also:
Help - getting my certification near Claremont, California

Thanks guys. I search google already but I want to know anyone who has personally has tried a location already. All your suggestions are great!

IMO you should avoid places that offer to certify you in a short period of time like 3-4 days or a weekend. You need to consider the wealth of information you have to assimilate and over learn before venturing into the underwater realm.

Great advice. I haven't heard of your shop which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

There is a shop run by a man named "Rusty Berry" who has developed quite a bad reputation here on scubaboard. Do a Google search or yelp search of your local shops for reviews.

You can also consider going the independent instructor route, though I don't know many in the SoCal area. You could post a call for an instructor in the SoCal forum.

Finally, do some research here on instruction philosophies. There is a revival of sorts for higher quality training, but it is more intensive.

Good luck!
Asked John chatteron about which agency would be best to start tec training with. He told me it is not the agency that certifies the diver but the instructor. Very sound advise. I have taken his advice and found a tec instructor and am looking forward to starting tec training.

Back
Top Bottom