Adjusting nitrox mix in twinset?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right now I am trying to imagine holding my Worthington LP 108 doubles up over my head and shaking them like a cocktail shaker. My imagination is evidently not that powerful.

Right now I am trying to imagine holding my Worthington LP 108 doubles up over my head and shaking them like a cocktail shaker. My imagination is evidently not that powerful.

I spin mine. I use a motorcycle tie down attached to a beam, and secured to a strap looped around the cylinders. The tanks are parallel to the ground. Hook em up, lift and tighten the tie down, wind it up, let it go. Spins back and forth for 5-10 minutes. Greatly speeds the time to stable Trimix analysis. Nitrox is easy, blast in the air top. Helium at high pressure is weird stuff.

Years ago I built on request a motor powered reversible turn table that a local shop uses to achieve the same thing.

Tobin

Hmmmmm. Do I want a good martini or be James Bond?

Let me phone you from the Aston once I've worked it out.

Oh and Tobin's tank whirling device is pure genius. I'll be shamelessly stealing that.

Let me phone you from the Aston once I've worked it out.
Just remember to make sure your PPK's safety is on. And don't press that button on the dashboard!

Back
Top Bottom