Anyone knows if there are dive site international water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chloean

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone knows if there are dive sites in international water? Meaning they don't belong to any country.

The thing that peaked my curiosity is what prompted the question in the first place? BTW, "It's none of your business" is an acceptable answer.

As geffink said, Antarctica is by treaty unclaimed by any country. There are a few seamounts in the pacific down near Howland and Baker that would be diveable, I'm not sure how you'd get there.

As geffink said, Antarctica is by treaty unclaimed by any country. There are a few seamounts in the pacific down near Howland and Baker that would be diveable, I'm not sure how you'd get there.
If you have good Google-Fu I claim you will find a (very, very few) small number of people advertising diving trips to Antarctica. We went, but stayed above water. It was cold enough staying dry. During the summer.

We were repeatedly told by a fish expert that there were NO fish in Antarctica (Wildlife of Antarctica - Wikipedia). Lots of krill, whales, lion seals, ice and penguins & Skua.

Our fish expert did identify that the very tasty "chilean seabass" we find at all the local restaurants is really called Patagonian Toothfish. Patagonian toothfish - Wikipedia

Walters Shoal in the southwest Indian Ocean at 33°12′S 43°50′E is in international waters it rises up from 700+m to 18m, closest land is Madagascar 430nm north. Was out there on a trawler many years ago and just so wanted to jump in for a dive.

Ooh! Nice. Just looked it up & apparently, there was an expedition of divers there last month for the 1st time: waltersshoal

If you have good Google-Fu I claim you will find a (very, very few) small number of people advertising diving trips to Antarctica. We went, but stayed above water. It was cold enough staying dry. During the summer.

We were repeatedly told by a fish expert that there were NO fish in Antarctica (Wildlife of Antarctica - Wikipedia). Lots of krill, whales, lion seals, ice and penguins & Skua.

Our fish expert did identify that the very tasty "chilean seabass" we find at all the local restaurants is really called Patagonian Toothfish. Patagonian toothfish - Wikipedia
National Geographic has pictures of Antarctic fish.
Deepest Dive Under Antarctica Reveals a Shockingly Vibrant World

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom