Bauer Utilus U-10 Motor Specifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pavman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hoping somebody can help me out with a photo of the electric motor nameplate on a U-10. I had my motor painted several years ago and the plate was removed and lost, then just last week when filling one old tank, the motor suddenly stopped. Ruled out the start cap as it was running when it shut down and I wanted to price anew motor out vs having this one rebuilt. My motor is an older model 220v with one capacitor on top, but any specs on what other motor would work is helpful as well !

single phase or three phase?

3HP, 3450 rpm, single phase, 230v, 60Hz. Generally uses a 3" single groove, 3vx pulley with a 5/8" bushing. The original belt was a 3vx375. The original motors were made by Leeson with a 56H, ridgid base.

Thanks Craig! I was able to have the motor repaired locally for about $60 which was definitely cheaper than a new motor; however, they told me it was a bad bearing which I just have a hard time believing as the motor just turned off mid cycle with no noise etc.. it also spun freely by hand It was probably a burnt wire or thermal overload switch. anyhow, this is great info to have if it stops again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom